Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zoya Bela & ULTA (essentially Essence) Haul!

Zoya Bela is a cute, wearable light pink that is buildable in 3 coats. Apparently it made an appearance in Black Swan, but I still haven't watched the movie yet, so I have no idea how it all matters. However, what matters is that Bela is a very pretty color for all skin tones, clothing choices, and it's very work-appropriate.

But obviously there is no way that I'm just going to leave it alone. :P I pulled out Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Night Flight, some Konad materials, a dotting tool, and scotch tape to create the mani below:

w/o flash

w/ flash

My lines with the tape are not clean, but I think I did pretty decently for a first-time tape user. I really love this mani...it's simple but intriguing.

This past week I've been to ULTA twice...both times using this awesome $5 off $10 coupon to get all of these. I believe it was about $14~$15 for all. Pretty awesome deal! I went Essence-crazy since everything was so cheap!


I think I'm particularly excited about the nail stickers...the design looks like shattered glass! I think there's a konad plate out there with a design similar to this, but I don't own the Bundle Monster Plates (barely got a stamp and scraper last week, yo) and I've never tried nail stickers either. Doesn't hurt to try! This was $2.49 before coupon deduction.


Oh, and a bonus: I did my apartmentmate's nails last week for Sun God! I followed Chloe's tutorial here and my aptmate liked it very much. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment